Call for participants LEVEL UP Train the Trainer
Call for participants
LEVEL UP Train the Trainer (TtT) activity
Setting the ground for a multi-level approach on developing soft skills in Higher Education - Level Up Erasmus+ project is looking for participants!
Date: 29-31 August 2022
Setting: online training
Number of participants: Limited number of positions available
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to participate in the Train the Trainer (TtT) activity of the Erasmus+ Project entitled “Setting the ground for a multi-level approach on developing soft skills in Higher Education (HE) - Level Up”. The project’s main objective is to a) provide new understanding on transversal skills of students in HE, b) develop innovative educational material and tools for transversal skills training, and c) integrate all the produced material in an applicable framework for transversal skills training.
The project is conducted by a consortium of 4 European countries (Cyprus, Netherlands, Spain and Greece) under the supervision of Prof. Georgia Panayiotou (PI) of the Department of Psychology at the University of Cyprus.
The main concern of the project is that, although students in HE, commonly graduate with excellent technical academic skills to do well in their future profession, it is highly debated whether higher education graduates have also developed sufficient soft skills which are essential to do well at the workplace. Therefore, in this initial phase, it is of high importance to listen to your opinion regarding the required qualifications that are significant for potential professionals in your field.
Your contribution to our effort is valuable, since, through this project, a unique opportunity has emerged: to be trained on effective practices for Higher Education Institutes related to students’ transversal skills so as to enhance their employability and wellbeing.
The TtT, as a central event linking the projects’ outcomes and HE policy, aims to
- provide the opportunity of working together to further develop soft skills training in HE,
- enhance the visibility of soft skills and their value,
- facilitate discussions on specific topics,
- acquire new insights and transfer knowledge,
- and promote common ground and joint action within the consortium’s community of practice.
Profile of participants
About 10-15 participants from 4 countries in Europe are invited to be trained on the latest developments in soft skills training as formulated by the deliverables of the project and discuss ideas for further developing soft skills provision within HE Institutions.
Among the participants will be university teaching staff or professionals (admin staff) from university services, such as Mental Health Center, Career Center etc. Participants have to be able to work in English. In case of a large number of applications, the selection committee may determine a short list of participants based on additional selection criteria such as:
- Graduates in social, behavioral, or management sciences like: psychology, education, social work and management should have advanced knowledge of the field of work, involving a critical understanding of theories and principles, corresponding to entry educational Level 7c (master’s degree) or Level 8 (doctoral degree) of the EQF by a recognized University.
- Significant contribution in the teaching work of the University on a soft skills area or/and supervision of other staff providing instruction.
- Commitment to fully participate in C1 activity.
- Proficiency in English must be demonstrated through one of the following: TOEFL (600), IELTS (6), GCE (B) or equivalent, unless the applicants hold a degree from an English-speaking institution.
- Prior professional experience providing practical and/or theoretical knowledge within the project would be an asset to a candidate.
Fee and expenses
Participation in the training is free of charge.
Apply no later than
15 July 2022, 23:59 CEST
How to apply
All interested candidates should express interest through the following online form:
by 23:59 CEST – 15 July 2022.
For more information
Dr. Marios Theodorou, Project Team Level UP
* This project has received funding from the European Union’s Erasmus+ KA2 programme (E+KA2/2020-2023) under grant agreement n° 2020-1-CY01-KA203-065985 (LEVEL UP, http://level-up-project.eu/). The training content do not necessarily reflect the official views of the European Commission.